- High speed steel burrs are used primarily for machining soft steel, aluminium, bronze, brass, etc.
- Additionally, high speed steel burrs are a better choice when optimal machining conditions cannot be maintained, or when the risk of vibration and impact sock are high.
- Also for use with low cutting speeds.
- The various cuts:
- M: Medium for machining unhardened steel and other moderately hard materials under normal conditions.
- EC: Extra coarse, for soft materials when good stock removal is required.
- Counteracts chip build-up between teeth.