- Dimensions d₁ and d2 in above table are before mounting.
- V = minimum shear strength, double, in kN.
- The recommended tolerance class for the accommodating hole diameter d (nominal) is H12. Special features of coiled spring-type straight pins (spiral pins):
- These pins are used for connections or the positioning of two or more parts and may also be used as shafts and hinge-, stop- or carrierpins, and are easily disassembled.
- Thanks to their spiral shaped cross section (approximately 2.1/4 coils) these pins are very flexible and suitable for repeated use with dynamic loads. Equal stress distribution throughout their cross section against the hole wall produces a good press fit, which can absorb shear forces unaffected by the direction.
- The pins are chamfered at both ends, so they can easily be inserted and installed automatically.