WIRE THREAD INSERTS
Fabory offers a choice between AMECOIL and V-COIL wire thread inserts, which are compatible with many other renowned brands, such as HELICOIL.
AMECOIL and V-COIL wire thread inserts are not only economical for recovering worn or damaged screw threads, but they are also capable of achieving high-loadable internal threads in metal and non-metal materials. These wire thread inserts can be used at temperatures from -40°C to +400°C.
The wire thread inserts are produced from a stainless steel A2 wire with a diamond cross-section that is wound in a coil like a spring.
The internal screw thread of the nut part of the wire thread insert conforms to the normal tolerance field 6H. For details concerning the external screw thread, see DIN 8140-2.
For assembly of AMECOIL and V-COIL wire thread inserts, the assembly sequence should be references:
- Drill the hole (do not countersink).
- Tap the thread with the special tap; the thread sizes of the special AMECOIL and V-COIL taps are larger than those of a standard tap.
- Screw in the wire thread insert with the corresponding fitting tool by 1/4 to 1/2 pitch under the surface of the part.
- Break off the engaging stem of the wire thread insert up to ø 18 mm after fitting with the tang break; for sizes larger than M18 through 5/8, UNC/UNF long pointed pliers can be used.
- Ready to begin assembly.
- Disassembly of a wire thread insert is possible with a special extractor.