Thanks to its unique thread configuration the Spiralock flange nut offers a perfect solution where a joint must be reliably tightened and locked. Benefits of the Spiralock flange nut are a.o.:
- Exceptionally resistant to vibration loosening
- Eliminates need for other locking devices
- Accepts standard male fasteners (with thread tolerance class 4g6g, 6g, 6h and MJ)
- Improves joint fatigue life
- Consistent reusability
- Eases assembly, reducing assembly time
- Reduces life cycle cost of threaded joints Because of the Spiralock design, threaded joints generally require 10% - 20% greater torque than is required for standard joints, due to the redirecting of some assembly forces from an axial direction to a radial direction. The increase in torque will vary depending on the types of materials and coatings being used (nut, bolt, joint, etc.). This torque/tension relationship should be evaluated in the actual joint to determine the proper torque required to develop the specified tension. Guidance available through our Technology Department.